Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
The complete review's variation on the traditional bestseller lists ranks the books under review -- and now also the author pages -- according to which reviews and author pages were the most popular during the past month.
The Most Popular Reviews
Here are the reviews and author pages that attracted the most interest in September, 2016.
- Reviews -
- Ways of Dying, Zakes Mda
- The Dilemma of a Ghost, Ama Ata Aidoo
- The Three Mistakes of my Life, Chetan Bhagat
- El Filibusterismo, José Rizal
- The Gift of a Cow, Premchand
- Spies, Michael Frayn
- This I Believe, Carlos Fuentes
- Song of Lawino and Song of Ocol, Okot p'Bitek
- Sakuntala and the Ring of Recollection, Kalidasa
- The Doomed City, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky
- Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran, Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
- Five Point Someone, Chetan Bhagat
- Fragile Travelers, Jovanka Živanović
- Samskara, U.R.Ananthamurthy
- The Subsidiary, Matías Celedón
- Author Pages -
(previous ranking in parentheses)
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o (1)
- Arno Schmidt (4)
- Murakami Haruki (3)
- Patrick White (5)
- Peter Weiss (10)
Traffic was solid at the complete review in September.
There was quite a bit of turnover in the top-15, with several (somewhat surprising, except the Strugatskys) new reviews cracking the list, as well as some old titles we haven't seen for quite a while (Spies; This I Believe)
Not surprisingly, there was big interest in Arno Schmidt and his Bottom's Dream -- which would have ranked fourth among all reviews (if it were a review ...).
For recent bestseller lists, go to previous lists.
For annual and older lists, see also the 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, , 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 , 2013, 2014 , and 2015 lists.
Return to top of page.
© 2016 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links