Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
The complete review's variation on the traditional bestseller lists ranks the books under review -- and now also the author pages -- according to which reviews and author pages were the most popular during the past month.
The Most Popular Reviews
Here are the reviews and author pages that attracted the most interest in September, 2014.
- Reviews -
- Five Point Someone, Chetan Bhagat
- How Democratic Is the American Constitution ?, Robert A. Dahl
- Ways of Dying, Zakes Mda
- El Filibusterismo, José Rizal
- One night @ the call center, Chetan Bhagat
- Samskara, U.R.Ananthamurthy
- The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
- The Story of the Stone, Cao Xueqin
- The Gift of a Cow, Premchand
- Mister Pip, Lloyd Jones
- Decolonising the Mind, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o
- The Dilemma of a Ghost, Ama Ata Aidoo
- Fantomas versus the Multinational Vampires, Julio Cortázar
- The Three Mistakes of my Life, Chetan Bhagat
- Ambiguous Adventure, Cheikh Hamidou Kane
- Author Pages -
(previous ranking in parentheses)
- Murakami Haruki (1)
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o (2)
- Amélie Nothomb (4)
- Patrick White (3)
- Roberto Bolaño (8)
The full-scale start of the college season, and the run-up to the Nobel Prize announcement made for a surge of traffic to the complete review in September.
This also led to return to the list of old familiars -- Cao Xueqin, Robert A. Dahl -- but also good to see new reviews like that of the Cortázar perform strongly.
For recent bestseller lists, go to previous lists.
For annual and older lists, see also the 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, , 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 , and 2013 lists.
Return to top of page.
© 2014 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links