Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
The complete review's variation on the traditional bestseller lists ranks the books under review -- and now also the author pages -- according to which reviews and author pages were the most popular during the past month.
The Most Popular Reviews
Here are the reviews and author pages that attracted the most interest in November, 2013.
- Reviews -
- Leg over Leg (I), Aḥmad Fāris al-Shidyāq
- Five Point Someone, Chetan Bhagat
- The Dilemma of a Ghost, Ama Ata Aidoo
- The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
- Decolonising the Mind, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o
- Sakuntala and the Ring of Recollection, Kalidasa
- The History Boys, Alan Bennett
- Ways of Dying, Zakes Mda
- Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran, Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
- The Gift of a Cow, Premchand
- The Journey of Ibn Fattouma, Naguib Mahfouz
- Double Negative, Ivan Vladislaviċ
- Alex, Pierre Lemaitre
- A True Novel, Mizumura Minae
- The Assault, Harry Mulisch
- Author Pages -
(previous ranking in parentheses)
- Murakami Haruki (1)
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o (2)
- Juan Goytisolo (6)
- Amélie Nothomb (5)
- Naguib Mahfouz (9)
Traffic was steady if unexceptional at the complete review in November.
Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch held on impressively strongly, but the story of the month is new review Leg over Leg topping the charts; a fairly thorough review of a very important book, but still surprising.
A few other debuts also did well, while some old reviews -- like that of The Journey of Ibn Fattouma -- made surprise appearances.
Perhaps most amazing ?
Only one Chetan Bhagat title in the mix -- the first time since May of last year that less than two of his titles were among the most popular reviews.
For recent bestseller lists, go to previous lists.
For annual and older lists, see also the 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, , 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 lists.
Return to top of page.
© 2013 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links