Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Carlos Rojas' 1978 Goya novel, The Valley of the Fallen, finally available in English, in Edith Grossman's translation
- A play by Tariq Ali, The New Adventures of Don Quixote
- Norwegian author Gunnhild Øyehaug's Wait, Blink, just out in English
- Thomas Clerc's apartment novel, Interior, just about out in English
- John Whittier Treat's fascinating, provocative new study of The Rise and Fall of Modern Japanese Literature
- Ukrainian author Tanja Maljartschuk's novel, A Biography of a Chance Miracle
- Tom Kristensen's 1930 Danish classic, Havoc, just re-issued by New York Review Books
- Best-selling crime fiction from China: Zhou Haohui's thriller, Death Notice, just out in English
- The next of Mircea Eliade's autobiographical novels, Gaudeamus, just out from Istros Books
- Sébastien Japrisot's One Deadly Summer, in an updated translation from Gallic
- José Pablo Feinmann's novel, Heidegger's Shadow
- Edogawa Rampo's The Early Cases of Akechi Kogorō
- Bernardo Atxaga's Nevada Days, with a US edition due out shortly
- Murata Sayaka's Akutagawa Prize-winning bestseller, Convenience Store Woman
- John Nathan's biography of Modern Japan's Greatest Novelist, Sōseki
- Ferdinand von Schirach's creative sort-of-murder-trial novel, The Girl Who Wasn't There
- Éric Vuillard's 2017 prix Goncourt-winning The Order of the Day, coming in English in September
- Tibor Fischer's new novel, How to Rule the World
- Hwang Sok-yong's novel, Familiar Things, now also out in the US
- Jaroslav Hašek's The Secret History of my Sojourn in Russia
- Alisa Ganieva's novel, Bride and Groom, now in English, from Deep Vellum
- Martin Suter's enjoyable little entertainment, Allmen and the Dragonflies, just out from New Vessel Press
- Richard Flanagan's recent novel, First Person
- Edy Poppy's 2005 novel, Anatomy. Monotony., now in English, from Dalkey Archive Press
- Christian Kracht's novel, The Dead
- Nathan Marcus' study of Austrian Reconstruction and the Collapse of Global Finance, 1921–1931
- Jean Giono's tribute-novel, Melville
- Daniel Kalder On Dictators, the Books They Wrote, and Other Catastrophes of Literacy, in The Infernal Library -- published in the UK as Dictator Literature: A History of Despots Through Their Writing
- Jean-Patrick Manchette's final, unfinished novel, Ivory Pearl, now in English
- Shahriar Mandanipour's new novel, Moon Brow
- Grady Hendrix's extravagantly illustrated guide to The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction, Paperbacks from Hell
- Intizar Husain's The Sea Lies Ahead
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2018 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links