Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Georgian author Beka Adamaschwili's ბესტსელერი
- Nicola Lagioia's Premio Strega-winning novel, Ferocity, just out from Europa Editions
- Kjersti Skomsvold's Monsterhuman, just out from Dalkey Archive Press
- Classic Ross Macdonald, the 1966 novel, Black Money
- Juan Tomás Ávila Laurel's African-migrant novel, The Gurugu Pledge
- Two short 1978 works by Tony Duvert, now out from Wakefield Press:
- A posthumous Donald E. Westlake -- Forever and a Death
- Puerto Rican author Eduardo Lalo's Uselessness, just out in English, from the University of Chicago Press
- Dirk Kurbjuweit's over-packed psychological thriller, Fear, now out in the US
- Another novel by Dumitru Tsepeneag, La Belle Roumaine, from Dalkey Archive Press
- Guido Morselli's novel of late-1950s Italy, The Communist, now in English, from New York Review Books
- Niña Weijers' award-winning The Consequences, just out in English
- Ross H. Spencer's playful (if not Dadaist ..) mystery, The DADA Caper
- Peter Stamm's new novel, To the Back of Beyond
- Lydia Chukovskaya's Soviet classic, Sofia Petrovna
- 99 notes préparatoires à l'écriture d'un roman policier by Paul Fournel, Avant le polar
- A bilingual edition of Aldus Manutius' prefaces to The Greek Classics, in the I Tatti Renaissance Library
- Marek Šindelka's unusual novel, Aberrant, recently from Twisted Spoon Press
- The latest from Santiago Gamboa, Return to the Dark Valley
- A Sextet by Tanizaki Jun'ichirō, The Gourmet Club, just re-issued by the University of Michigan Press
- Christoph Ransmayr's Cox
- Best-selling French author Marc Levy's P.S. from Paris, now in English from AmazonCrossing
- An early Russian novel, by Mikhail Chulkov, The Comely Cook
- The new Penguin Classics translation of the Marquis de Sade's notorious classic, The 120 Days of Sodom or, The School of Libertinage
- Andrés Barba's remarkable and unsettling Such Small Hands
- Classical Sanskrit drama from Vishákha·datta, Rákshasa's Ring
- Daša Drndić's very impressive novel, Belladonna
- Another new(ly translated) novel by the Nobel laureate, Patrick Modiano's 1986 Sundays in August now available in English, in Yale University Press' Margellos World Republic of Letters series
- Sara Mesa's Scar, just out from Dalkey Archive Press
- Mihail Sebastian's For Two Thousand Years, now also in a US edition
- A Mandala by Antonio Tabucchi, the posthumous For Isabel, now out in English from Archipelago
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2017 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links