Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- Fiston Mwanza Mujila's much-anticipated Tram 83, now in the US from Deep Vellum
- Haitian author Kettly Mars' novel of the Savage Seasons of the 1960s
- Tendai Huchu's new novel, The Maestro, the Magistrate & the Mathematician
- Octave Mirbeau's 1901 novel, Twenty-One Days of a Neurasthenic, now available in English, from Dalkey Archive Press
- Naja Marie Aidt's Rock, Paper, Scissors, just out from Open Letter
- David Vogel's only recently discovered novel of fin de siècle Vienna, Viennese Romance
- Helen Phillips' new novel, The Beautiful Bureaucrat
- Malay-writing Singaporean author Mohamed Latiff Mohamed's The Widower
- Two early twentieth-century science fiction novels by Gustave Le Rouge, published in one volume as Prisoner of the Vampires of Mars:
- Seven stories by the wonderful Emmanuel Bove, Henri Duchemin and His Shadows, just out from New York Review Books
- Andrzej Bursa's Killing Auntie, now also in a US edition from New Vessel Press
- Massimo Carlotto brings together narrators from two of his earlier series and sequences, in his new thriller Gang of Lovers
- A modern Galician classic, Xurxo Borrazás's Vicious, now available in English from Small Stations Press
- Pierre Senges' neat trick of a novel, Fragments of Lichtenberg, due out shortly from Dalkey Archive Press
- New translations of Murakami Haruki's first two novels, now published together as Wind/Pinball:
- Luc Lang's collection of Cruel Tales from the Thirteenth Floor, just out from the University of Nebraska Press
- Muḥammad al-Muwayliḥī's What ʻĪsā Ibn Hishām told us, now available in a bilingual two-volume edition from the Library of Arabic Literature
- Sakurazaka Hiroshi's science fiction thriller, All You Need is Kill -- the basis for the Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow (but don't hold that against (or for) it)
- Simon Critchley's clever little Memory Theatre -- out from Fitzcarraldo Editions in the UK last year, and coming from Other Press (as Memory Theater ...) in the US in November
- The final volume in Jeff Lindsay's serial-killer series, Dexter is Dead
- Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi's Urdu novel Mirages of the Mind, now available from New Directions
- Deji Bryce Olukotun's impressive novel (sort of) of Nigerians in Space
- A small collection of non-fiction by Jean-Philippe Toussaint, Urgency and Patience
- Michel Houellebecq's much-discussed new novel, Submission
- Chinese author A Yi's dark novel of A Perfect Crime
- Amélie Nothomb's Pétronille, due out in English in October
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2015 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links