Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
support the site
buy us books !
the complete review
Most recent additions to the complete review:
- New translations of Murakami Haruki's first two novels, now published together as Wind/Pinball:
- Luc Lang's collection of Cruel Tales from the Thirteenth Floor, just out from the University of Nebraska Press
- Muḥammad al-Muwayliḥī's What ʻĪsā Ibn Hishām told us, now available in a bilingual two-volume edition from the Library of Arabic Literature
- Sakurazaka Hiroshi's science fiction thriller, All You Need is Kill -- the basis for the Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow (but don't hold that against (or for) it)
- Simon Critchley's clever little Memory Theatre -- out from Fitzcarraldo Editions in the UK last year, and coming from Other Press (as Memory Theater ...) in the US in November
- The final volume in Jeff Lindsay's serial-killer series, Dexter is Dead
- Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi's Urdu novel Mirages of the Mind, now available from New Directions
- Deji Bryce Olukotun's impressive novel (sort of) of Nigerians in Space
- A small collection of non-fiction by Jean-Philippe Toussaint, Urgency and Patience
- Michel Houellebecq's much-discussed new novel, Submission
- Chinese author A Yi's dark novel of A Perfect Crime
- Amélie Nothomb's Pétronille, due out in English in October
- Aatish Taseer's ambitious novel of modern-day India, The Way Things Were
- Fujii Taiyo's science fiction novel, Gene Mapper
- Indonesian author Anak Agung Pandji Tisna's 1936 novel, The Rape of Sukreni
- Viola Di Grado's different sort of posthumous novel, Hollow Heart
- Taban lo Liyong's translation of Okot p'Bitek's classic, The Defence of Lawino
- Milan Kundera's new novel, The Festival of Insignificance
- Ann Morgan's Reading the World, now out in the US as The World Between Two Covers, based on her A year of reading the world-weblog
- Déborah Lévy-Bertherat's novel, The Travels of Daniel Ascher
- Ivan Vladislavić's new collection of stories, 101 Detectives
- Bangladeshi author K. Anis Ahmed's novel, The World in my Hands
- Suzanne Leblanc's The Thought House of Philippa -- inspired by Wittgenstein's house
- A new translation of Jules Verne's The Self-Propelled Island
- Flash fiction by Lao Ma, in Individuals
- Amélie Nothomb's modern spin on the Bluebeard-tale, Barbe bleue
- Catherine Vance Yeh's new study of The Chinese Political Novel: Migration of a World Genre
You can also:
- See our most recent review-overviews -- all the links and review-summaries, but of titles not yet reviewed by us
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications
- And don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review.
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2015 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links