Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
the complete review
New review-overviews at
On this page you will find the most recent review-overviews we offer -- books that we haven't reviewed yet, but where we've collected links to other reviews and additional information, as well as selected review-quotes.
You can also:
- Check out the reviews most recently added to the complete review
- Check out our smaller list of notable recent publications under review
- Check out our more comprehensive list of recent publications under review
- And, since the complete review is especially strong on backlist and older books, don't forget to check our Review Index to see all the books under review
Most recent review-overviews at the complete review:
- Nicolas De Crécy's Louvre-comic, Glacial Period
- Rebecca Newberger Goldstein on Why Philosophy Won't Go Away, in Plato at the Googleplex
- Kirino Natsuo's The Goddess Chronicle, part of The Myths-series
- Carlos Gamerro's The Islands
- Ruth Ozeki's A Tale for the Time Being
- Tommy Wieringa's Caesarion -- now published in the US as (sigh) Little Caesar
- Szathmári Sándor's semi-modern variation on Gulliver's Travels, Voyage to Kazohinia
- Andrés Neuman's much-hailed and prize-winning Traveler of the Century
- Umberto Eco's new novel, The Prague Cemetery
- Delphine de Vigan's Underground Time
- Juan Gabriel Vásquez's The Secret History of Costaguana
- Aravind Adiga's Last Man in Tower
- Helon Habila's three novels:
- Javier Cercas considering Thirty-five Minutes in History and Imagination, in The Anatomy of a Moment
- Julian Barnes' story collection, Pulse
- Arno Schmidt's truly magnum opus, Zettel's Traum
- Murakami Haruki's1Q84
- Jonathan Franzen's already critically acclaimed blockbuster, Freedom
- Paul Berman's The Flight of the Intellectuals
- Joshua Cohen's massive Witz
- Olivier Philipponnat and Patrick Lienhardt's The Life of Irène Némirovsky
- Jerry Fodor and Massimo Piattelli-Palmarini's new book, in which they think they show What Darwin Got Wrong (the critics disagree)
- David Mitchell's new novel, The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet
- Peter Carey's new novel, Parrot and Olivier in America
Read ! Enjoy !
Return to top of page.
© 2014 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links