Site of Review.
Trying to meet all your book preview and review needs.
to e-mail us:
A Literary Saloon and Site of Review
The complete review's
The complete review respects the privacy of its users completely.
As you have probably noticed the complete review does not ask for any personal information from users whatsoever on this site.
Users are able to use the complete review without registering, telling us anything about themselves, or signing in.
The complete review believes that there are no plausible reasons for any site to require or even request that you provide them with any personal information whatsoever and suggest that you be extremely suspicious of any sites that do ask for (or demand) such information.
The complete review does regularly conduct a rudimentary log-analysis in order to determine how many users visit the site, which pages are visited, and similar information.
The complete review regularly collects the following information by analyzing its logs:
The complete review occasionally collects the following information:
- Number of unique users (but not their identity; see also below)
- Number of page-views for all pages at the complete review
- Referrer reports, indicating which links users followed to reach the complete review (and, if they used search engines, which search terms were entered).
- Host reports -- though these are used solely to identify search engines spidering the site. Note that host reports can not be used to identify individual internet users (at least not with our hard- and software).
- Domain reports, which allow us to identify the domains of users. This is generally only used to identify the countries of origin for users (and, in fact, only gives a general sense of user-nationality-demographics). Again: individual users can not be identified in this manner.
The complete review also obtains information from users through direct and voluntary contact initiated by users (through e-mail, links, and other avenues).
Note that any information that users voluntarily provide (or provide in response to questions or statements by the complete review or any other party) to the complete review by other means -- including but not limited to e-mail, snail mail, fax, telephone, and personal communications -- may, however, be used on this site at the sole discretion of the complete review.
This includes, but is not limited to: links, suggestions, critical comments, and words of praise.
While the complete review does not burden users or their computers with those nasty "cookies" we began to use Google Analytics in the spring of 2008.
Privacy Issues on the Internet
As a friendly reminder the complete review warns you that most sites do not provide much privacy and that information taken from you can and will be used against you -- sold to marketeers and advertisers and anyone who is willing to purchase demographic information from unscrupulous websites (and it is amazing how many websites can be unscrupulous, for the right price).
We recommend the following:
- Avoid non-commercial sites that ask you to register in order to use them. While sites that sell you something have a need to know some of this information others can need it only for one reason: to sell your soul to advertisers.
- If you have to register to use a site we suggest that where possible you lie regarding the information requested. Skew those demographics ! They have no business knowing this information, you have no obligation to be truthful.
- Turn on your cookie monitor in your browser and decline cookies where and when possible. Sites claim cookies make it easier for you to use their site, but most in fact work just as well without them. Only commercial sites have any even vaguely plausible reason for employing cookies -- and we do not think that even they do.
For more information about cookies please refer to the excellent Cookie Central FAQs.
Note that this site spits out three cookies in order to be viewed, but works just as well if the cookies are disabled.
Most information about cookies, how to disable them, and how to build them (hiss) is available here.
Return to top of page.
© 1999-2010 the complete review
Main | the New | the Best | the Rest | Review Index | Links